Diabetic and Obesity Surgical Solutions
Dr. Neeraj Rayate and Dr. Satish Pattanshetti – Bariatric Surgeon in Pune have derived inspiration from their own aspiration to help people, secure healthier tomorrow & touching lives. With the strong belief in the thoughts and passion, for laparoscopic bariatric surgery the duo is determined and committed to the cause of helping obese patients for weight loss and reclaim life in its desired form, giving a second chance of living life – the ideal way it meant to be.
DOSS India is amongst the recognized center for Obesity, Morbid Obesity , Hernia surgery and Gall stone surgery by means of laparoscopy located in Pune (Maharashtra- India). It primarily aimed at providing services to reduce obesity by means of weight loss, restore ideal body weight, and cure obesity-related disorders such as Type II diabetes, joint pain, high blood pressure, PCOD and many more.
It is the only IEF(International Excellence Federation) certified facility in Pune headed by a Team of enthusiastic and energetic duo – Dr Neeraj Rayate and Dr. Satish Pattanshetti., it is all set to raise standards of excellence in Obesity and Morbid Obesity treatments & cure. IEF is an International Organization that supports Bariatric surgeons across the globe for updated inputs on latest Technology, Research, Developments, Techniques and Procedures. It has a Specific Code of Conduct for Standard Clinical pathways from Pre to post Operative procedures and Handling complication & revision procedures.
At DOSS apart from Bariatric and Metabolic surgeries, Its health care verticals span from diagnostics, primary care, day care and many more to offer a wide range of Laparoscopic surgical & clinical services – to diagnose, treat and cure cases of appendicitis, removing the gallbladder to treat gallstones, repairing hernias by open hernia surgery, 3 D mesh system or by laparoscopic hernia surgery using 3D mesh for hernia.
Team DOSS is expert in obesity in women, and does lot of work in fat reduction, abdominal obesity reduction and weight loss.
Laparoscopic surgery is a very common medium of surgery and is generally regarded as safe.
The advantages of minimally invasive surgery are:
- Less post-operative pain,
- Reduced risk of Infection,
- Very tiny incisions,
- Minimal blood loss,
- Shorter hospital stays,
- Quick Recovery for resuming normal activities.
- A leading Center of Excellence in Bariatric and Laparoscopic GI Surgeries based in Pune, India
- Only IEF(International Excellence Federation) certified facility in Pune and Western Maharashtra. IEF is an International Organization based at Taiwan that supports Bariatric surgeons across the globe via updated inputs on latest Technology, Research, Developments, Techniques and Procedures. IEF follows a Specific Code of Conduct for Standard Clinical pathways from Pre to post Operative procedures and Handling complicated revision procedures.
- Expert Center for treating morbid obesity and permanently cure/ reverse obesity-related diseases such as type II diabetes, joint pain, high blood pressure, sleep disorders, infertility induced by obesity, etc. with a large number of patients treated across Pune and Maharashtra.
- Our unique EMI facility for financing Bariatric surgery in Pune, On-time consultation assurance and Free of cost post surgery support- to help maintain weight loss for decades to come- are hallmark features of our center.
- Eminent Laparoscopic GI Surgery Center offering comprehensive diagnosis, minimally invasive treatment and cure for appendicitis, gallstones, hernia (with option of 3D mesh), colorectal diseases etc. In Laparoscopic surgery, miniature incisions are made and thus there is minimal blood loss, reduced risk of infection, minimal post-operative discomfort, shorter hospital stay and speedy recovery compared to open surgeries.
- DOSS is available at multiple locations at Pune for patient convenience, our practice locations include the prestigious Ruby Hall Clinic Main Campus on Station Road, Ruby Hall Clinics at Hinjewadi and Wanowarie, MJM Hospital Shivajinagar and 7 Orange Hospital Chinchwad.
DOSS is founded by Dr. Satish Pattanshetti and Dr. Neeraj Rayate- leading minimally invasive, obesity and metabolic surgeons of India, who have operated on a large number of patients across Maharashtra. DOSS is a team of top-notch surgeons and multi disciplinary clinicians complementing one another to ensure the best clinical outcomes to each one of our patients and to raise treatment excellence for Obesity and Morbid Obesity.
Dr. Satish Pattanshetti – Bariatric Surgeon in Pune
(Laparoscopic Bariatric & Metabolic Surgeon) M.B.B.S (Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai) M.S (B.J. Medical College, Pune) Fellow in Minimal Access Surgery from A M A S I Fellow in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery from E-Da Hospital, Taiwan Dr Pattanshetti is the Founder of DOSS and a leading Bariatric and GI Minimally invasive surgeon. He is also an expert in single incision laparoscopic obesity surgery who has so far operated on more than 1000 patients. Dr Pattanshetti’s academic landmarks include:
- Publishing his Bariatric experience in internationally reputed journal “Obesity Surgery”,
- Presenting scientific paper and poster at San-Diego US at ASMBS world congress on resolving Type 2 diabetes in low BMI patients with Bariatric Surgery and 2 year results of his patients respectively.
- Co-authoring a chapter on scarless Bariatric Surgery with world renowned Bariatric Surgeon Dr C K Huang who is also the Bariatric mentor of Dr Pattanshetti.
Dr Pattanshetti is a distinguished faculty at
- MUHS (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences) for Basic Course in Laparoscopic Skills for PG students and Practitioners.
- Johnson & Johnson Institute for MIPH and Laparoscopic Surgery skills
- Various international, national and state congresses and workshops from time to time in Bariatric, Metabolic and Laparoscopic Surgery training.
Dr. Neeraj V Rayate – Bariatric Surgeon in Pune
(Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeon) M.B.B.S. (Dr. V. M. Medical College, Solapur) M.S. (Government Medical College & Civil Hospital, Sangli) DNB Surgery (Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi) Fellowship in GI and Onco Surgery (Athens Medical Center, Greece) Fellowship in Gynae Endoscopy (Giessen School of Endoscopic Surgery, Germany) Training in Robotic Surgery (Galaxy Care Hospital, Pune) Dr Rayate is Co-Founder of DOSS and Head of Laparoscopic, Robotic and Bariatric Surgery Unit at Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune. Dr Rayate is an author of several books, publications and paper presentations on laparoscopy and robotic surgery. Dr Rayate’s academic achievements include:
- Video presentation at European Association of Endoscopic Surgery Meeting at Berlin, Germany
- Best Video Presentation Award at ELSA (Endoscopic Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia)
- Co-author of several books and chapters in robotic surgery, laparoscopy and novel surgical techniques
- 1st and 2nd prize winner of several scientific paper presentations at national and state surgical conferences in recognition of his novel treatments, findings and experiences.
Dr Rayate has been an invited faculty at:
- Indo- German course in Laparoscopic Surgery, Germany
- Johnson & Johnson Institute for MIPH and Laparoscopic Surgery skills
- More than 25 conferences and workshops across India in Bariatric, Metabolic and Laparoscopic Surgery.
The DOSS Multi-disciplinary Team consists of:
- A specialist weight loss surgery clinical nurse
- A dietitian experienced in providing dietary advice to weight loss surgery patients
- Anaesthetists with experience of handling overweight patients with co-morbidities (eg sleep apnea).
- A clinical psychologist and counselor to help patients address pre and post surgery journey smoothly
Dr. Rohit Sachitanand Shool
(General and Laparoscopic surgeon)
- M.B.B.S :Feb .2007 B. J. Medical college and Sassoon hospital Pune.
- DNB[General Surgery]:June 2012 , Deenanath mangeshkar hospital and Sanjeevan hospital, Pune.
- Fellowship IAGES ( Minimal access surgery.)
- DNB training in General surgery, DMH pune
- Junior registrar (JR) in SKN medical college and hospital.
- Senior Registrar (SR) in SKN medical college and hospital.
- Senior registrar(SR) PDVVPF’S Medical college and Hospital.
- Asst. Professor –PDVVPF’S Medical college and Hospital.
- Consultant General, Laparoscopic Surgeon and endoscopist (Galaxy hospital Ahmednagar).
- Consultant General,Laproscopic surgeon and endoscopist at Saishree hospital, Aundh Pune.
Special interests: Laparoscopic minimal access surgery, Gastroscopy, colonoscopy, Surgical Gastroenterology ,Trauma surgery, coloproctology.
Dr. Mandar Dhamangaonkar
(General & Laparoscopic Surgeon) M.B.B.S. M.S. F.M.A.S. F.I.C.S. P.G.D.M.L.S.
Dr. Pratik D. Ajagekar
- Krishna Institute of Medical sciences Karad-Assistant Professor: Jun -19-Till Now
- Performed several types of general surgeries.
- Over 100 open Appendectomy and inguinal hernias.
- Over 50 laparoscopic Appendectomy.
- 20-25 Laparoscopic cholecystectomy and hernia.
- More than 100 Laparotomies for various reasons like Perforation peritonitis, Intestinal obstruction, NEC, Billroth 1 & 2. Right & Left Hemicolectomy APR.
- I also performed Coloplasty for Esophageal bypass.
- Vascular surgery like Varicose veins, Arteriotomy & Vascular anastomosis.
- Pediatric surgery like congenital hernia, CHPS, Intestinal atresia, Malrotation of Gut.
- Thyroid and Breast surgery.
- Skin grafting, Flaps, Tendon repair, etc.
Also, Experience in the following
- Nephrectomy (Partial and Radical).
- Triple bypass surgery and Hepatobiliary surgery.
- Simple Hysterectomy & Panhysterectomy, Laparoscopic ovarian cyst drilling, and Excision.
- OPD, Ward and ICU management, pre-operative assessment and postoperative management
- .Provided care as a first responder in a variety of emergency medical situations.
- Organizing committee member of various state & national level Conference and CME at KIMS. Conducting Postgraduate Seminars & CME.
- Management of Departmental & academic work.
- Upper and Lower GI Endoscopy.
- Pediatric GI surgery.
- Basic and Advanced Life support training.
- Proficiency in diagnosing conditions that require general surgery.
- Good communication skills – for speaking to the medical team, Patients and their families; for listening to and understanding the concerns of a wide range of people and earning their trust.
- Harmonious interpersonal relations with fellow physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively.
- Brilliant decision-making capabilities especially during emergency situations.
Dr. Amol Mulay
(Consultant & Laparoscopic Surgeon) M.B.B.S. from Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane DNB (Gen. Surgery) from Ruby Hall Clinic.
Dr. Suhas Sudhakar Patil
(Consultant General & Laparoscopic Surgeon) Laser Proctology M.B.B.S. – B.J. Medical College & Sasoon Hospital (2004) DNB – Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Sevagram, Vardha (2012) F.M.A.S. – Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (MUHS) (2017) Areas of special interests…. Laparoscopic surgery, minimally invasive Proctology including laser piles, laser fissure, laser fistula and anorectal diseases
Dr. Pranav Mene
(Consultant General & Laparoscopic Surgeon)
- DNB – Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune (2019)
- M.B.B.S. – B.J. Medical College, Pune (2013)
Currently working as Consultant General & Laparoscopic Surgeon at DOSS since Dec 2019.
We Cut Surgery Time by Half:
Surgeons at DOSS are known for their expertise in complicated obesity, revision and laparoscopic surgeries. Every patient has a personal consultation with the independent surgeon.
During surgery, team of Dr Pattanshetti and Dr Rayate, two advanced laparoscopic surgeons, work together for each surgery. Thus, reducing the time taken for each surgery by half and creating a superior outcome than in a single surgeon centre.
Our Personalized Care
Patients go through an individual assessment with all DOSS Team members so that the DOSS team can understand each patient’s specific needs and prepare him or her well for the transformed life as a result of surgery. Such specialized attention helps patients achieve their desired goal of sustained weight loss and improved quality of life in the long run.
Besides Bariatric surgery, DOSS offers healthcare services in diagnostics, primary care, day care and a wide range of Laparoscopic surgical clinical services.
Consult one of our surgeons to understand the specifics of the procedures and determine the procedure most appropriate for you.
Location as per your choice
Schedule the surgery at a location convenient to you to eliminate the discomfort of long travel post-surgery. Visit our partners’ page to determine the hospitals as per your convenience and budget.
Robust Support Program from the first appointment to after-care:
At DOSS your dietitian will structure a diet plan, based on your pre-surgery dietary pattern. After surgery, your dietitian will guide you to help you manage your diet.
Your package includes appointments with your surgeon and specialist weight loss coordinator and a dedicated telephone number to access support after surgery for life time.
Provide quality and compassionate patient-centered care that focuses on the physical remedy as well as peace of mind and heart.
Develop a comprehensive, multidisciplinary program, tailor-made to suit individual needs, to address the issues related to digestive diseases, and obesity disorders,
Educate and support patients to enable them to successfully incorporate lifestyle changes towards an improved state of health
To be the center of choice for patients suffering from diabetes and other endocrine and metabolic diseases, digestive diseases, nutritional disorders and obesity, through preeminent patient care, clinical outcomes, affordable excellence, education and support.
We Do the Kind Thing
Every DOSS member endeavors to impact the lives of the patients and families in our care. We treat those we serve and each other with kindness and compassion and strive to better understand the needs of a diverse community and respond accordingly.
We Do the Safe Thing
At DOSS we recognize that patients and families have placed their lives and health in our hands. Our first priority – and the rule of medicine – is to protect them from harm. We strive hard to maintain the highest safety standards a to deliver high-quality care in a safe and secure workplace.
We do the Best Thing
In DOSS, only the best will do. Our team combines skill, experience, advanced technology and best practices to provide the highest-quality care for our patients and their families. We devote ourselves to continuous improvement, excellence, professionalism and innovation in our work.
We Do the Right Thing
Our actions tell the world what DOSS stands for. We act ethically and responsibly and hold ourselves accountable for our behavior. We are committed towards bringing respect, openness and honesty in our encounters with patients, families and among our coworkers and support the well-being of the communities we serve.